Learn Portuguese online with Smigin
Learn how to speak Portuguese by focusing on everyday conversation.
Planning your next getaway to Lisbon or Douro? With Smigin: Portuguese, you will learn how to speak Portuguese instantly by focusing on real conversation instead of verbs and grammar.
Learning a new language doesn’t have to be so hard. Smigin’s Portuguese language course guides you step-by-step through words and phrases you’ll actually use in everyday situations. With Smigin’s unique Chat feature, you get to simulate real-time conversation while gaining confidence in your Portuguese skills.
With our Smigin: Portuguese course, you will:
- Learn 500+ Portuguese words that you can use in everyday interactions
- Learn 250+ useful phrases and learn Portuguese grammar effortlessly
- Watch 100+ HD videos shot on location in Portugal to add cultural context to what you learn
- Learn Portuguese expressions and idioms that you won’t find in other Spanish classes
- Practice Portuguese conversation
- Study Portuguese anytime, anywhere, on any desktop or mobile browser
Smigin's online language course is in line with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Benefits of Learning Portuguese
If you're still deciding whether you want to learn Portuguese, then you've come to the right place. With the right approach, learning Portuguese will change the way you think, speak, and live your day-to-day life. And the best part? It's never too late to start!
It comes in handy when you travel abroad. Well this is obvious, isn't it? Language connects people, and traveling to Portugal or Brazil is a whole lot better when you have some Portuguese under your belt. You'll be able to speak to locals, navigate cities like Lisbon and Rio de Janeiro, and even score better deals while bargain-shopping or trying different activities on your trip.
- It boosts your self-confidence. When you're able to speak another language – no matter how much or how little – you get a little confidence boost. Even carrying out a 30-second conversation in Portuguese can feel like a massive achievement, and the feel-good energy you'll get from learning Portuguese can be applied to a wide variety of other life goals you may have.
- You improve your native language skills. When you learn Portuguese as a non-native speaker, you pay a lot more attention to grammar, syntax, and sentence structures. This leads to a greater appreciation of and significant improvements in your ability to speak your native language.
- It expands your career opportunities. Portuguese language skills are guaranteed to improve your resumé. Learning Portuguese will enhance your ability to communicate with potential clients and suggest that you're flexible to people of various cultures, thus giving your resumé a competitive edge over job applicants who only speak one language.
- Your brain will love you. Really. You read that correctly: learning another language makes you smarter. Various research studies have suggested that learning languages makes you a better multitasker. It boosts your memory. Language learning also activates parts of your brain that, in turn, improve your creativity, planning, and decision-making skills.